RE: Andrew H. Litkowiak & postings about parts for sale

To: andylit@covad.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Andrew H. Litkowiak & postings about parts for sale
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:41:43 -0800
> Is Dave the administrator?

No, the Team.Net lists are administered by Mark Bradakis.  He does not
normally read the Triumphs list, so you'll need to contact him directly if
you want to ask him a question.

However, he has made it clear that he would much prefer we be "self
policing"; IOW that we are a community and as such, we decide what the
community standards are, and enforce them.

> As a non-business private party, what am I *permitted* to do?
> Facts please, not opinions.

I suggest reading
http://www.team.net/www/corp-use.html

While those comments are directed towards 'commercial' companies, IMO
selling parts for profit on eBay puts you in the same category.  As has been
commented before, there are commercial vendors who participate on this (and
other) Team.Net lists; they are valued contributors.  They voluntarily do
not make commercial posts (except for an occasional response to a desperate
plea for a part), it would be nice if you would do the same.

This is just my $.02, I'm not the administrator either ...

I would also like to point out that just because you can see a spike in your
auction activity after making a post to the list, does not mean that those
same people would not eventually know about your auction.  I fairly
assiduously search eBay for parts (both Triumph and a few other hobbies),
but there's no way I have time to read every Triumph-related auction, so
most of my searching is done by auction title and current bid.  That means
you'll never know when I look at your auction.  It also means that I
deliberately wait several days after the auction begins, before even
checking it, since the price frequently runs up beyond what I'm willing to
pay.

Randall