Steering column impact clamp

To: tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering column impact clamp
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:41:21 -0800
I'm getting ready to re-assemble the steering column on my TR4A (I believe
this applies to any TR4-6).  The factory manual says "using the 1/8" UF
Unbreako hexagon wrench", to tighten the setscrew as tight as possible
without bending the wrench (so I guess that's tighten until it bends, then
back of a little?).  Anyway, is there any reason to expect that an
"Unbreako" Allen wrench is anything special?  Should I just tighten it as
much as I can with my regular old Allen wrench?

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L