Re: Hybrid- was $3 a gallon gas

To: mporter@zianet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hybrid- was $3 a gallon gas
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 09:56:16 EST
At the Detroit autoshow GM announced they were working on 7 hybrid vehicles
and Honda had a show car last year that was a high performance sports car
with a conventional engine up front and an electric motor in the rear (better
weight distribution) and all wheel drive.

Jus to keep the LBC chatter alive. Since I got the Insight and according to
Lynette it has to be kept in the garage, I had to move the GT6 project into
the basement. That required removing the body from the chassis. Something I
was avoiding (lack of courage). So now I've eneterd the terminal satge of
shipwright's disease but it sure is easier to get all the undercoat and
surface rust off the chassis with the body out of the way. This car has
remarkably few rust spots. My biggest challenge now is getting that long bolt
out of the rear suspension upright. The whole thing is soaking in oil.
Hopefully, the oil will work it's way into the upright so I can press it out
at some point. If there is one thing I have learned while working on the GT6
it's patience!

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
KC79746L