Re: Hybrid- was $3 a gallon gas

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hybrid- was $3 a gallon gas
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 01:01:16 EST
Let's just call it development costs to capture a share of a new market. The
more of these things they build the less the per unit cost. Honda isn't in
business to loose money and now that they are building the Civic Hybrid the
sales have moved from 5,000 units a year for the Insight to 5,000 a month for
the Civic Hybrid. I was against moves to alternate technology because I was
brought up on 4 cylinder LBC, but this car is a ball to drive and ven when
you are thrashing it through the turns, heel and toeing, double clutching you
still get twice the mileage of the average car. All Hnda has to do is bring
out a convertible and we're all set.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
KC79746L