Re: Boring TR2/3 sleeves

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: Boring TR2/3 sleeves
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:45:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Angelo,
There is such a thing as a ridge reamer. Maybe you could borrow one or
have a machine shop do it, but it needs to go. If a new ring that may
be wider than the worn ones you took out goes up and hits that ridge-
bye, bye ring. After that hone the cylinder to remove the glaze and
give the new rings the best chance to seat well. I did my first engine
like that and ran the dog snot out of it. As for the figure 8 gaskets-
they come in the kit, might as well change them. I put some sealant on
them before installation and make sure the seats are clean. I also
balanced my engine and I think it is well worth doing.
Best luck,
Mike Thompson
59 TR3A
http://www.rio.edu/miket/garage.htm