Boring TR2/3 sleeves

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Boring TR2/3 sleeves
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:49:09 -0500
Good day list:
Working on "freshening up" my TR2 engine with new bearings & rings.
Everything measures up great and can get away with standard size main & rod
bearings and std. rings. Looking at the bores and they have a slight ridge,
yet they still measure up within the limits for std. rings.

How best to remove the ridge? I want to de-glaze the bores, so will use a
cylinder hone with a few passes in each bore. Don't want to use the hone on
the ridge as worried about going too far and removing material from the
bores as well.
I would like to keep the liners in place,so using the liner hold-downs
illustrated in the factory manual. Should I worry about the liners moving,
or simply replace the figure 8 gaskets anyway?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Angelo Graham
55 TR2