RE: Overheating

To: "TRIUMPHS (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overheating
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:32:55 -0800
> While sitting (driveway, red lights, city traffic) my 62 TR3B
> will get hot and overheat.   While moving (highway driving, not
> stop and go) the temp i sfine.  I have placed the radiator shroud
> in, but have not done anything else.  My thought is that the
> radiator needs to be recored as it probably never has been.  So I
> was going to start ripping off the front cowel to get to it.  Is
> there an easier way to determine if it needs to go to the shop?
> If it doesn't need to go, I can avoid the work and pain of tear down.

Ask your local radiator shop if they can do a flow test with the radiator
still in the car.

Since it works OK at speed, I'd say the problem is not likely to be the
radiator ... but a recore that deletes the crank hole is bound to help, no
matter what the underlying problem is.

A 7/16" GearWrench would be a definite boon in removing that $@! apron ...
Enco has a 4-pc set on sale at the moment (under the Crescent name) for $25.
http://www.use-enco.com/

Randall