Source for water pipe from pump to heater

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Source for water pipe from pump to heater
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:12:16 -0500
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 01:08:20 -0500
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>

Hi List,
I will be needing a new water pipe from my water pump, around the back of
the head, to the heater. My original twisted off as I disassembled it.. I
didn't think I twisted THAT HARD...
There was a thread on the list about this a few months ago but I can't
locate it. Seems there was a rash of lousy parts available at the time. I
suppose I could fabricate one out of tubing but then I am stuck selecting a
material that will bend OK but not fracture due to vibration.
This is a few months off from needing it but I thought I would start
looking
now to avoid the rush later.
Thanks,
Dave
-----------------
Hi Dave!
    I've replaced this water pipe both ways. 1- Purchasing it:    I
found that I had to cut the pipe about 1/2" [:-\]   [NOT exactly sure in
the length (maybe more?), but that's what I'm recalling form the past
year.], at the fitting end. Then installed the compression fittings.
2- Fabricate it:    I spent more in gas & phone calls to find the Steel
Pipe, [You could use Copper, but TRIUMPH went with steel & I wanted as
close to org. as possible.], than what the pipe cost. ($5) [:-\]   Then
I had to purchase the compression fittings. I bent the Steel Pipe at
about the correct spot, & had a welder weld the rear bracket in the
exact spot need [measured it from the bend]. Then cut off each end to
the proper length [using the old part as a measuring guide], & installed
it.     They both require work to have it fit correctly, but #1 was
easier to do. BUT, I like the fit on #2, better.        So pick your
poison! [:-D] -Cosmo Kramer
PS- SUGGESTION: Use anti seize grease on the fittings or teflon tape for
a good seal & ease of removing in the future. [;-)]