Re: Camber, Caster and so on... (Shorter)

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Camber, Caster and so on... (Shorter)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:55:31 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h17Gwahu011993
Message text written by Michael Hargreave Mawson
>Sorry, I seem to have misled you here.   I had the alignment done
immediately *after* I had changed all the suspension components.
Theoretically, therefore, the wheels should now be aligned correctly.
<

If you used rubber bushings they will settle a bit over time.  But a change
of only a few minutes is well within published tolerances, I think.  Poly
bushings are more stable but give a harsher ride (like that's important on
a sports car!  ;-D).

>>I'm not familiar with this suspension but isn't the adjustment for
>>this done with shims inserted in the U-joint attachments to the diff?
>
>It may well be.   I shall get the manuals out and see if I can track
>down the answer.

As Andy Mace pointed out, the book method is different.  Since I've never
done this I should stick to general comments.  (Ask me how to set the rear
toe on a TR6)  ;-)

It sounds to me that you've got your car dialed in much more closely than
most on the road.

Cheers

Dave Massey