Re: Sad SU's

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Sad SU's
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:36:55 -0700
Cc: "'Randall Young '" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mark Hooper wrote:

> Many people say that the SUs outperform the ZS, but I can't help it, I have
> always preferred the look of the Zeniths. Aaargh power or beauty. I am going
> to save my pennies and buy the triple ZS setup. ...polished up, it will look
> nice!

Indeed, it seems SU's suffered a production setback during the first World
War yet grew dramatically during the second, so the peace factor in re
carburetors is mixed. But it's a darned fact that ZS's are clunky looking,
rather ugly carbs while SU's are a timeless museum-worthy design. And
you can get those shiny chrome carb covers for SU's too, what ZS
equipped show car stands a chance?
:-)

--
Steven Newell