Re: Camber, Caster and so on... (Shorter still!)

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com (Dave Massey)
Subject: Re: Camber, Caster and so on... (Shorter still!)
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:00:29 -0500
Cc: OC@46thFoot.com (Michael Hargreave Mawson), triumphs@autox.team.net ("[unknown]")
In a message dated 2/6/2003 1:52:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dave Massey
<105671.471@compuserve.com> writes:

>Message text written by INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com
>>That would ever so slightly change the track, but not the toe. Toe is
>adjusted >with shims on the forward mount of the radius rod to the body on
>a Spitfire or >GT6 (or similar mount to the frame outrigger on a Herald or
>Vitesse).
>
>Which is exactly why I asked.

And it now occurs to me that the process you described probably WOULD change
the toe ever so slightly. But it's still not the normal way to do it on the
Herald chassis cars. ;-)

>>Of course, if that mounting point is weak enough, the toe is automatically
>and >constantly adjusted for you with the accelerator pedal. This is NOT
>>recommended....
>
>Another chapter in the "How Did We Survive Our Youth" series, eh?

Uh, I was...27...when this happened. I never really DID grow up, but at least
when this happened the first time I knew it was time to park the car until such
time as repairs could be made. That was 22 years ago; I'll get to it soon....

--Andy Mace