trailing arm bushings

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: trailing arm bushings
From: "jack williams" <jackandangie@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:14:47 -0600
Well I finished the other side of my 76 TR6 trailing arm bushings. I replaced
them with the poly bushings. I had previously installed uprated springs. The
difference is amazing. On the drivers side I did have to play with the
brackets to get the correct camber, but simply replacing the bushings on the
passenger side was all it took to get the correct camber. The original rubber
bushings on the drivers side  were worn fairly evenly, and the PO didn't have
them installed very well. The outboard bushing on the passenger side looked
nearly new, but he inboard bushing was nearly worn through. The car now has a
bit of understeer, but with well timed application of brakes and gas will
exhibit oversteer tendancies, and usually in a predictable manner.

All in all, with the help from the list, the hardest part was removing the old
rubber bushings, the poly replacements went in farily easily.

Thanks all,
Jack