Wood dash & guage illumination - suggestions?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wood dash & guage illumination - suggestions?
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 11:39:39 -0500
Listers,

I have a wood facia which measures about 3/8" thick.  My TR4 guages used a
common set of bulbs behind the metal facia to illuminate all the guages
thru slits in the guages.  With the guages mounted in the facia, almost
none of the slot is visible, ergo no chance for gauge illumination.  I've
experimented with hi intensity LEDs, which work fine, and appeal to the
electronics tinkerer lurking inside me.

However, surely others on the list have encountered the same problem.
Soooo....  What suggestions do y'all have to illuminate the guages?  What
has worked?  What should I avoid?

Tnx

--

God Bless America