Re: TR6 Diff Questions

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>, "'M. Secrest'" <vze34wdb@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Diff Questions
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 09:35:25 -0500
Martin,
Hugh is spot on correct although I believe some of the later TR-6's had a 3.45
ratio. These differentials are really very stout units and hold up very well
as long as the lubrication is maintained. Finding a good used unit should not
be too difficult and Hugh's $200 sounds about right. You don't need to spend
$800 to get it back on the road. Don't know shop rates for removing and
replacing a differential, but I can do it laying on my back on the garage
floor in less than 4 hours. With a lift and better equipment in a shop it
should be a shorter job. There are no balance issues to be dealt with however
I would replace the mounts with new if yours show any wear.
Try calling Scott Harper @ Team Triumph in Warren, OH at 330-392-7176. He
ships all over and is one of the good guys. NFI and all of that. I've never
experienced a problem with Scott nor have I heard of any associated with
Scott. He's my first choice every time for good prices and good used parts.
Hope this helps,
Jerry Van Vlack