Starter question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter question
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:34:28 EDT
Well, thanks to the listers, I got my carbs somewhat adjusted (still don't
seem to be able to get the mixture rich enough- I'm thinking maybe I've got a
fuel problem).  Took the six for a four mile drive and parked it for the
night.  Today I went to start it up to try the carb adjustment again and
after starting once I suddenly starting getting only a dull click out of the
starter.  Sounds like (and seems like from the ammeter) that I've got a
hung-up starter.  My new question is ... how likely is it that I'm in for a
new starter vs. a new solenoid or something easier.  And, if the starter is
the culprit, what are the prospects of rebuilding mine vs. buying a new or
rebuilt unit?  I notice parts seem to be available through Moss and TRF but
I'm not sure if they truly are.

I guess a four mile run is better than nothing - at least it got me home!

Thoughts?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6