Re: Herald clutch slave cylinder

To: etiesele@metrolist.net ("Eduard Tieseler"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Herald clutch slave cylinder
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:20:04 -0400
In a message dated Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:57:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Eduard
Tieseler" <etiesele@metrolist.net> writes:

>I need to replace the slave cylinder on my '66 Herald, and I kind of need to
>get it ASAP.  I have called around to all the parts houses and no one shows
>a listing!  Is this the same slave cylinder that was used on the 62-80
>Spitfire?  I was thinking that I could just order it from VB ltd. if it was.
>Here are some numbers from the original:
>    BS 64673904 02
>On the other side I have:
>    GIRLING 7/8 (I assume this means a 7/8" bore)
>and stamped near the bleeder valve looks like:
>    04DU

Ed, I don't have my various references at hand, but basically the Herald should
parallel the Spitfire in this area. If your Herald has the earlier coil spring
clutch, it would use the slave cylinder listed for the early Spitfire (up
through '64). If it uses a diaphragm clutch, it would use the later slave
cylinder listed for Spitfires '65-on.

--Andy Mace