TR3 Electric Fuel Pump

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Electric Fuel Pump
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 05:44:58 -0700
     I've been running a modern electric fuel pump in theold TR3 for years.
Recently, I moved the fuel pump from down near the spin on oil filter to up
on the fender just below the curve. This was to make inspecting the filter
easier and get it away from interfering with changing the oil filter. I
believe the Bob Schaller recommended it be installed here in his book.
     Now, weeks later the car has started periodically sputtering. It could
be a myriad of other things. The points look like they need attention and I
have a Pertronix unit on the way. Anyway, I was wondering if it could be
fuel supply because now the pump and filter are a bit higher up in relation
to the gas tank level.
     Has anyone had fuel starvation with their pump mounted in the same
location?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA