RE: Overdrive question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overdrive question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:07:17 -0700
> On 18 Sep 2002 at 18:52, Randall Young wrote:
> > Spitfires and whatnot I think use a different adapter housing.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by "adapter housing".

I meant the housing that goes between the transmission and the OD main body.
For a Spit Mk IV it's P/N 305137, for a TR6 and Stag it's P/N 312305.

I also see that the rear housing shown in the TRF TR6 catalog is different
than the one on the J-type tranny I bought for my Stag.  I don't know if
they interchange or not.

The TRF catalog also shows that the rear mounts and crossmember (plate
between the frame rails) were the same after CF1, for both OD and non-OD
TR6.

Randall