RE: dip beam wiring 72 gt6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: dip beam wiring 72 gt6
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:31:56 -0700
> from fuse 11 we have a purple wire which
> becomes brown/red
> (thanks randall) before connecting to dip switch.  we also have
> going to the
> dip swith a blue wire coming from the master light switch (10), a
> blue/white
> wire coming from the main beam warning light and main beams (high
> beams to us
> americans), and a blue red wire coming from the dip beams (low
> beams).  here's
> the conflict, there is a brown wire coming from the same
> harness/dip switch.
> if i pull on the dip switch so as to 'flash' the high beams, that
> brown wire
> goes to ground.  but, the electrical diagram (which only shows a
> brown not a
> brown/red wire) shows that plus 12 volts, not ground comes into and out of
> this switch !  so my two challenges are ... what is this brown
> wire that is
> disconnnected ?  where does it go ?  is the switch defective in
> that when i
> pull it, it causes this brown wire to go to ground ?

Larry, does the brown wire still go to ground if you disconnect all the
other wires from the dip switch ?  If so, then I believe the switch is
defective (or possibly not the right switch for your application).

My Haynes has 3 different wiring diagrams for GT6, as usual none of them
seem to quite match your car.  The Mk3 diagram shows only 4 wires going to
the main/dip/flash switch; the others show the 5th wire as being a second
blue/white, which joins the other blue/white at an external connector.

Randall