Another Carb question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Carb question
From: "Kevin Andrews" <kandrews@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:31:14 -0400
I just replace plugs and wires on my 250 today. My dad noticed that it
smells rich when running.
    Now let me back up. The old plugs that I took out looked good on the
back 3 cylinders. The front 3 was white. I mean white. Now with the new
plugs in and car running, pull the wire off one of the front 3 the car does
not change. Pull it off the back 3 you notice the motor skipping. Now the
front carb must be lean. I have adjusted it all the way out and after motor
warm up, no change in motor sound when pulling one of the front 3 wires.
    Now my question is , could the back carb be to rich and taking away from
the front carb?  It will run, but this does concern me since I am getting
ready for a trip to the 6-Pack Trials in Ohio.
    Any help of other tips to check would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin