Re: TR3a Tonneau

To: magician@usol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3a Tonneau
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:24:08 EDT
In a message dated 9/5/02 11:51:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
magician@usol.com writes:

> Heh list,
>        I need to pick up a Tonneau and Convertible top ( and side curtains
> )
> for my TR3a.......The car is white, so white covers seem to be my choice.
> Does
> the white color hold up well with age or should I go with black. My
> interior
> is red, is there a red set available ?
> And finally, where do you suggest I buy from, Moss, Victoria or other for
> quality and fit ?
> Thanks,
> Ron
> '59 TR3a

Ron:Had a white '60 TR3 a few years ago with red interior. It needed a
tonneau cover fast.
 The top was not red nor were the side curtains.(They were black including
the hoodstick cover). Sports and Classics in Connecticut made me a custom
tonneau cover in black with red piping. It was superb and fit great. You must
of course furnish your chassis number as the snaps had different locations on
different years. And you install them yourself. (Have fun).
Your best bet IMHO is to call John Peter at Sports and Classics. He'll do it
nice and right and custom if you wish. His tonneau cover price is approx.
$150 in the standard material. Everflex is more I believe.
My black cover with red piping was a winner!
Here's the info:
They've been around a long time and have excellent stuff.
>>John Peters
Sports and Classics, Inc.
sportsandclassics@yahoo.com
512 Boston Post Road