Re: TR3A Overdrive

To: Ron Easterly <magician@usol.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A Overdrive
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 18:21:10 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ron Easterly wrote:

> Heh Gang,
>        I have a '59 TR3A with no overdrive.......What do I have to do or add
> to convert it over to overdrive ?
> If it can be done.......
> I thought I read something earlier about a TR4 Tranny switch.......How costly
> ?
> Thanks,
> Ron
> '59 TR3A

Ron, as with most other Triumphs, the OD is an add on unit.  YOu must get the
Unit, the adapter plate, the longer transmission main shaft made for the
overdrive and the applicable wiring parts to actuate it.

It is probable that the drive shaft will also have to be modified (probably
shortened) to accommodate the new length of the transmission.

Regards,
Joe