Re: TR-6 Tonneau

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Tonneau
From: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:17:06 -0700
My TR4 tonneau fits very tight.  I have found that it is easier to first
fasten the snaps by the windshield since they are so hard to reach, then I
fasten the lift the dot snaps around the cockpit.  I still have to pull
pretty hard, and even though there are more fasteners, it still seems
quicker to me.  I do the same when putting up the driver's side when I've
parked.  Undo some of the fasteners in the back real quickly, snap the front
ones and then stretch the back ones on again.

I have often thought of building a jig for the lift the dot fasteners out a
piece of plywood and finishing nails, and then hanging the tonneau in the
sun with heavy weights clamped on the windshield end.  I'm not sure if my
plan is to stretch it or just to torture it, medieval rack style, for being
such a pain in the behind.

paul w
64TR4
Torrance, CA