Re: TR6 U-Joint Circlip Removal Tricks and Splined Shaft Rebuild Questi

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 U-Joint Circlip Removal Tricks and Splined Shaft Rebuild Question...
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:54:23 +0100
Hi Ken
The problem you describe is well known to me, my solution is to first drive
the clip round the groove with an old screw driver and hammer, if the clip
has the loops on the end put the screwdriver blade against the outside edge
of the loop (reduces the risk of breaking the loop and stopping you getting
it out though this has not happened to me) if it is the type with the bent
ends then just drive it round. What you are trying to achieve is having the
gap in the clip in a different place. Doing this should free the stuck
portion of the clip. If this fails then pop a socket in there and give it a
whack!

Graham.