TR6 Frame

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Frame
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 20:18:25 EDT
Hi everyone.  Due to a rather poor frame repair on my orginal 6 frame, I was
able to get a frame that has been repaired and strenghtened, but before I
paint, etc the frame I want to be as sure as I can that it straight.  I've
used the books and measure for hours.  It is square and not twisted.  The
area where the rear trailing arm assembly was rebuilt (no surprise).  The
measurements in this area from the books are sketchy at best.  But using a
new bottom plate and the measurements it appears to be an excellent rebuild
in this area.  All the body mounting holes line up and measure out correctly.
 So every thing back to this point look excellent.  My problem becomes how
the measure the angle of the rear of the frame.  With the frame resting flat
on the garage floor,does anybody have any idea how many inches/cm the rear is
above the floor.  By this I mean the rearest most part of the frame.  The
manuals list the angle as 8 degrees.  I can't figure out how to measure this
angle.  Any thoughts???  When I rebuilt my car before with the bad frame,
this angle is important as it defines the the gaps at the doors.

Assuming the frame checks out, my next questions is how to prepare it.  The
previous attempt I had the frame galvanized.  I don't think that was a good
idea because any further repair is expensive due to the galvanizing/welding
problems.  My thought is to have the frame "dipped" then painted, that
doesn't solve the interior frame rust.  Maybe using a waxoyl product???  Has
anybody tried something else??

Thanks in advance>

Harry Mague
Beavercreek, OH