Re: Changin TR3B brake calipers

To: kkealty@rogers.com
Subject: Re: Changin TR3B brake calipers
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 21:31:09 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/22/2002 8:15:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kkealty@rogers.com writes:

> Hi Doug.  My flexible line looks quite old.  I figured it could cause spongy
> braking, but I didn't think it would delay the caliper release.  I guess I
> could have a couple made up locally.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Kevin,
The line collapses internally and blocks the returning fluid. I have had this
happen on both a front brake line and the clutch line on my '60 TR3A.
You can buy the lines from all of the big 3, pretty reasonable prices.
Regards,
Doug Ross
P.S. If one is bad the other can't be too far behind-I'd replace both.