Changin TR3B brake calipers

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changin TR3B brake calipers
From: "Kevin Kealty" <kkealty@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 18:03:46 -0400 fep01-mail.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com from [24.112.10.237] using ID <kkealty@rogers.com> at Wed, 22 May 2002 18:03:48 -0400
Thanks to Randall Young, Dave Massey and John Day for their advice on removing
my broken bleeder screw.  I drilled the bleeder with progressively larger
drill bits and then used a large easy-out.  Special thanks to John Day for a
replacement bleeder screw.

My problem now is that the brakes work, but one front caliper doesn't release.
I removed the pistons and cleaned them and the cylinder bore but it didn't
help.

I am contemplating changing to the Toyota 4 piston calipers as per the VTR
website.  Has anyone done this recently?  While searching the internet I found
references to people changing their Nissan 280Z calipers for the Toyota ones
because they are the same size (both are built by Sumitomo).  Since I don't
really need the 4 piston stopping power, I was thinking of installing some
280Z calipers - probably cheaper, but I will have to check.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

TR3B TCF894L