SU carb identification

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU carb identification
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:02:17 -0400
Hey everyone,

Over the weekend, I came across a large collection of SU carbs.  There
were many different types, it appeared.  I picked a couple of body/jet
pieces as they looked similar to the H6s on my TR6, and by luck they
matched when I got back home.

But, I'm thinking I'll go back for the rest of them, if I stand a chance
of identifying them.  I know HS6s are easily identified because they
have a pipe plumbed between the jet assembly and the gas float bowl, but
how can I identify the others?  I noticed at least three casting
numbers, AUC6040 (my H6s have this body) but there were also AUC6040AC
and AUC6040X bodies there.  Several different types of float bowls and
float bowl tops were also there.

Is this info on someones web page somewhere.  My Haynes SU carb book
doesn't detail any info on casting numbers.

Rob in Ottawa