Re: TR6 rear indicators

To: Paul Mitchell <pmitchell@grintek.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear indicators
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:51:39 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>... I came across a problem you might be able to help with. The
>indicators wrap around the rear corners of the car, and have a repeater
>light at the side. On my car there is no bulb holder, bulb or wiring for
>this repeater light - on either side. I can't find any documentation that
>suggests that this was anything other standard fitment throughout the entire
>range. Should I have them? It is a 1974 TR6 PI that was exported. Seems
>weird that a PO would have removed the wiring and all the attachments. I'm
>sure this was never a parts car!
>
>Thanks
>Paul

Hi Paul,

UK market cars were not fitted with bulbs or holders for the rear
side repeaters; always seemed like extreme penny-pinching to me. My
guess is that Triumph only fitted them in markets that required them.
The holders are easy to obtain in the UK if you want to 'upgrade'.

Regards,
--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI