Re: camera NON LBC

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: camera NON LBC
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:35:21 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Fred,

I was looking at all of the digital cameras until my head started to
spin.  On the advice of Nelson Reidel I settled on the Olympus D-510.
Still getting used to it but it appears to be easy to use.  Software and
manual isn't great and menu takes some getting used to but it takes nice
pics as you can see from Nelson's Buckeye Triumph site.

Got mine at Staple's for $299 plus tax.  Came with standard 8 MB card
plus free 32MB card....pretty good deal considering I didn't have to deal
with the on-line camera stores.  Very easy to move pictures from camera
to PC.

See this site for a great rundown of the popular cameras.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

I'll probably be asking your opinion soon on powder coating equipment.
Been caught peeking at people's trash in search of the perfect oven :-)

Good luck,
Jay Welch, Abington MA
1973 TR6 driver, 1971 TR6 project, 1989 Mustang GT donor  - aching to be
a Factory Five Cobra Roadster
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/