Re: Mysterious Tabs and Hole - TR6 cn.com>

To: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Mysterious Tabs and Hole - TR6 cn.com>
From: corey.sherman@RCN.COM
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:57:02 -0400 22, 2002) at 04/23/2002 08:57:04 AM, Serialize complete at 04/23/2002 08:57:04 AM
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Car is coming together quite nicely!

The picture of the boot is most definitely brackets for the Fuel Injection
pump and the trunk side panels. The 'tabs' you are referring to are to
secure the millboard panels for PI models. Those cars with carbs didn't
use the pump, and so these tabs were pushed in instead of perpendicular to
the body.  If you like, I'll scan photos from Piggott's book to show you.

The front hole has me stumpted... maybe this was added by a previous
owner.