Re: + ground car / - ground fuel pump

To: "LGMiceli" <lgmiceli@attbi.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: + ground car / - ground fuel pump
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:32:48 -0700
Ok, I'll go out on a limb here (knowing I will be corrected by those that
really know), but I just looked at an electric fuel pump I have still in the
box.  There are 2 leads, positive and negative.  I would think that if they
were hooked up to positive and negative connections of the power, regardless
of which is ground, all would work fine.  If you get a pump that uses the
mounting bolts as ground, it would be a different story but, I would think
that you could still isolate the pump electrically with rubber or nylon
busings and washers - you would also have to use rubber fuel line at the
pump itself and connect an electrical lead to the body somehow for the
positive connection. Just a thought.

Bob