RE: Removing windshield frame

To: "'Dave Massey '" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "'Frank McLeod '" <fmcleod@attbi.com>
Subject: RE: Removing windshield frame
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 22:11:39 -0500
Cc: "'[unknown] '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
When I was doing the same job it turned out that the windscreen frame posts
were inserted into the clamps before the first top coat had been applied in
the factory. The paint ran into the fittings and glued them in. There was no
rust at all, just stuck tight as all get out. What a job! I ended up
unbolting the 3 (According to memory) bolts on each clamp and then
beating/wiggling them loose. Miserable job it was too.

Memory says that there was some sort of brownish paint on below the original
jasmine yellow of the car. The brown was inside the clamps with yellow
poured everywhere on the outside.

Mark Hooper