TR-6 supercharger questions...

To: kmr@pil.net
Subject: TR-6 supercharger questions...
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 22:34:21 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Kai,

Hmmmm.  Got me, never thought to look.  I assume you mean the part
labeled "air bypass valve." It is the round black piece under the blower
that is protected by the heatshield.  I seems to move in and out easily
enough.  There does seem to be some carbon build-up under the blower at
that point.  Kinda like the carbon around the sneeze valve until I
tightened her down a little more.  (That was a while back).   How do you
know if that bypass valve goes bad?

Joe

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 22:16:30 -0500 "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net> writes:
> > As for the other part, anyone got an ideas about the strong
> > exhaust smell and poor mileage?
> >
> > Joe Burlein
>
> Joe, is the vacuum by pass valve on the supercharger sticking in the
> closed
> position?  This would allow the supercharger to be working (and
> drawing
> excessive mixture) while the car is idle, and it would also mean a
> decrease
> in mileage.  The valve might be shot.
>
> Kai

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6 (Supercharged!)
Wesley Chapel, NC

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.