Re: anti theft ideas

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: anti theft ideas
From: "jeffrey fenwick" <jfenwick@netcom.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:56:37 -0500
Hi Larry
Despite some lister's comments, you and I both know that LBCs
do get stolen :(    Suggestions I have seen before:
1) ground the coil with a switch - actually a floor mounted headlight
dipper switch (no-one sees you fumbling under the dash for a hidden
switch)
2) hidden switch for electric fuel pump
3) removable steering wheel
4) switch plug leads
5) pull the rotor out of your dizzy
6) battery disconnect - some have a knob that screws right out that
you can take with you
7) then, of course, the commercial immobilizers, although I don't know
whether they are useful on our simple ignition systems
8) an alarm with trip-switch for when the bonnet opens

Beyond that, it gets illegal and dangerous. Not that the miscreant
wouldn't deserve it :-p

Jeff