RE: anti theft ideas

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: anti theft ideas
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:39:01 -0800
Larry :

Well, IMO the "step back" alarms result in more damage than they prevent.
If you're parked in public, then sooner or later someone will have to walk
between your car and whatever it's next to.  Having the car bitch at them is
likely to piss some people off, and chances are their keys are handy ...

Other anti-theft devices are probably a good idea, and even a simple kill
switch is enough to defeat most car thieves.  Of course nothing will defeat
all of them, if nothing else they can just back up a wrecker and tow the car
away.

Sorry, I don't care to share all my devices in 'public', let's just say that
if you don't know the magic words, the engine will die in about 100 yds, and
no amount of fiddling under the hood will start it again, short of adding an
external ignition system (JCW used to sell these BTW) and an external fuel
supply.

I expect my next step will be LoJack.

Randall