Re: 1976 Spit 1500 horn switch

To: angel@webwizzards.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1976 Spit 1500 horn switch
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:15:47 EST
In a message dated 12/20/2001 8:02:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
angel@webwizzards.com writes:

> I just got 1976 Spitfire. In trying to get horn to work from horn button I
> discovered that the horn operated from the hi/lo beam switch on right side
> of
> column by pulling lever forward!  Is this normal or has it been modified?
> Why
> the horn button on steering wheel?

Through 1976, that particular function of the hi/lo beam switch is supposed
to be a "flash-to-pass" feature. My guess is that the "horn brush" broke
and/or some other minor fault occured with the wiring for the horn circuit.

On the other hand, can you flash the high beams by hitting the horn button?
That's possible, too, if someone swapped enough wires around under the dash
by the column. :-)

--Andy Mace

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this
line." -- Oscar Levant