Cam Bearing fit

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cam Bearing fit
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:34:16 +0000
Hi List!
        I'm in the proccess of rebuilding my TR4/A engine. I have taken the
block, Cam, & Cam Bearings to a machine shop to have them install &
size, the Cam Bearings into the block. When I brought home the block &
looked closely at the bearing -> the oil passages of fit. I noticed the
bearing wasn't quite lined-up to the hole of the oil passage [Crank ->
Cam] & [Set-screw -> bearing]. I was told that it is beter to partly
close the opening here to increase Oil Pressure & to not have too much
oil going on to the cam. I also noticed, in the rear cam bearing, that
the oil passage from [Rear Crank -> the top of the block] was Not fully
lined-up. This dosen't sound right.
        Questions:
1- Should the Oil Passages line-up completly with the Cam Bearings?
2- Can drilling the Cam Bearing [with them still in the block] a good
        idea?
3- What should be done?

        Please respond to me [& the list too, if you wish], because I'm on the
TR Digest List & I Really would like to know what to tell him tommorrow
morning. Sorry about the short notice. TIA,     -Cosmo Kramer