Re: Vacuum and timing

Subject: Re: Vacuum and timing
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:13:25 -0800
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Geo :

The value seen with the light should be only slightly (if at all)
advanced from the static timing on a TR3A.  The problem is that the
centrifugal advance starts very close to idle speed, so it may or may
not have advanced the spark a few degrees.  I don't have TR3A specs
handy (that I trust), but the factory TR4 workshop manual specifies 0-2
degrees advance (measured in crankshaft degrees ?) at 350 rpm (almost
certainly distributor rpm, or 700 crankshaft rpm), for the high
compression motor.

No way should it be 30 degrees at idle !

Randall