TR3 Gearbox Overhaul

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Gearbox Overhaul
From: "Jerry Goulet" <jerrann@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:28:04 -0800
I have just overhauled my gearbox and added new bearings, seals and synchro
cups (3).  The gearbox is still on the workbench without the cover (shifter)
on.  When it is set in neutral there is almost slippage between the input
shaft and the output flange when I turn the input by hand, but when I hold
the output flange it is hard to twist but there is some slip.  It looks to
me like the synchros for 3rd and 4th are too snug to the their gears.  Is
there a way of freeing these up without total dissassembly?  Any hints would
be helpful.
Jerry Goulet
60 TR3A.

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]