Re: mating a later starter to an early g'box? (TR3)

Subject: Re: mating a later starter to an early g'box? (TR3)
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:35:49 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If memory serves, you only need to cut a hole in the bellhousing, to
clear the starter drive.  The non-synchro-1st gearbox is also slightly
shorter, you may need to drill new holes (or elongate the existing
holes) in the rear crossmember.  The flywheels are different, but you
should already have a flywheel for the later starter.

As another alternative (which keeps the synchro-1st), I believe all you
need is a new mainshaft to mate an early OD to a later gearbox.  ORS can
cut down a non-OD mainshaft for use with an OD ...

Randall