Re: weather strip

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: weather strip
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 16:58:33 -0700
Fred Thomas wrote:

> Listers, suggestions as to the easiest/best way on installing the rubber
> stripping under the windshield on a T/R 3-A, also what side is in and which
> is out.  Thanks  "FT"

As I recall... get ready for a tug-o-war on the kitchen table (at least that's
where I did battle with mine).  I lubricated the dingus with dishwashing soap.
Mine moved thru the groove much easier if I stretched it as I pulled -- this
made
it thinner.  Once it was in I could let it shrink back to its correct length.

I've heard that some were marked to indicate front and back but mine wasn't.
When I looked at mine edge-on it was apparent which way it went to assure it
would tend forward but press down on cowl.  Maybe someone else can explain it
better?

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson