TR6 Cylinder Head

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: TR6 Cylinder Head
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:49:04 -0500
Message text written by "Hugh Fader"
>Hello all. I need valve guides on my TR6 and am planning to do this over
the
winter. I saw a classified on on the Vintage Triumph Register for a
recently
redone cylinder head with 800 miles on it. I am trying to figure out if it
would save me anything to buy this rather than removing my head, buying the
parts and having a machine shop do the work. Question: Are all TR6 cylinder
heads the same? Anybody have a recent cost estimate for parts and labor?
<

Hugh,

The cylinder heads are interchangable except that you must use the right
intake manifold with the right head.  They moved the intake ports for the
1973 model year.  You can verify the correctnes by holding a gasket up to
the head and the manifold to see if the ports line up.

I don't know what you'll have to pay for they head but I recently had my
head reworked (including milling .060 off) for only $350 (US) so although
buying the other head will give you the convenience of unbolting one head
and bolting on the other will it save you money?

Cheers

Dave