heavy duty shocks question

To: jfcowan@pacbell.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: heavy duty shocks question
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:58:04 -0500
John,
It will be a while before I have a chance to check them out but I bought a
set of +15 for my 3a. I shopped around and got them from www.nosimport.com;
they seemed to have the best price. Being across the border it took a while
but that didn't matter to me. It only occurred to me after the fact, that
now I absolutely need a front anti-sway bar, which I had lusted after
anyway. Do you know the best source? I know it has been posted before but
my archiving system is less than ideal.
This is also a good opportunity to switch the mounting bolts to 3/8-24 x 1
1/2 stainless steel socket heads (Allen) so you or your descendents never
have to go through trying to track down a special thin wall socket.
Regards,
Jim
==================================
John Cowan wrote:
Apple Hydraulics remanufactures rear lever shocks for solid axle
Triumphs. They offer heavy duty versions at 15 and 30 percent stiffer than
the originals. Has anyone tried either of these and, if so, how did they
work out?
I'm considering purchase of the 115 percent units for my '60
TR-3A. I'm running standard springs all around, but in front I have Spax
adjustable shocks and am about to install an Addco front stabilizer bar.
Thanks.
John Cowan