Critters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Critters
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:12:41 -0500
In our area porcupines are the big critter problem. They love anything with
salt, including:
a) the glue between the layers of plywood (but just a little gnaw from each
and every sheet is enough - thanks)
b) the toilet seat in your outhouse (OK I live in the boonies but hey this
is a real pain!)
c) the lower rad hose of your car (road salt in the winter)
d) the lower rad of your car (yup)
(note the last two constitute LBC content)

Yes, they have powerful front teeth. They are tough critters, but since
they are so slow, and you could catch them if you were lost in the woods
and starving, they are protected. Thus while the general consensus is "lead
poisoning" (although it seems to take 15-20 rounds and still sometimes they
waddle off 3 pounds heavier, leaving you out of ammo), the legal, albeit
less humane, solution is a dinner platter of salt, evenly blended with
cement powder.
Unlike a mouse, it's not too hard to find the carcass (30 pounds or so).