Re: TR-2-4A: Apple Hyd. heavy duty shocks question

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-2-4A: Apple Hyd. heavy duty shocks question
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:04:44 -0600
At 8:06 -0800 11/9/01, John Cowan wrote:
>     Apple Hydraulics remanufactures rear lever shocks for solid axle
>Triumphs.  They offer heavy duty versions at 15 and 30 percent stiffer than
>the originals.  Has anyone tried either of these and, if so, how did they
>work out?
>       I'm considering purchase of the 115 percent units for my '60
>TR-3A.  I'm running standard springs all around, but in front I have Spax
>adjustable shocks and am about to install an Addco front stabilizer bar.
>       Thanks.
>John Cowan

You might try giving Peter C. at World Wide Auto Parts (in WI) a call
- they sell remanufactured lever shocks for LBCs, and at very
reasonable prices.  I haven't driven on mine yet, but I'm sure I'll
be happy with them - they look and feel well done.

(800) 362-1025

They also sell uprated shocks - I can't tell you percentages, but
Peter probably can.

HTH,
Dan
--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L 'O' - with a nice shiny rear axle installed!
Steering box in pieces, large purple bruise on fingernail ... argh.

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U 'O' - in storage.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!