Re: TR3 speed limiter

To: <Shrack04@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 speed limiter
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 11:51:12 -0000
The most common rev limiter fitted was the rotor arm that shorted out when
you hit the predetermined rev limit. You could buy them in different rev
limits and were very expensive They worked on the centrifugal force
principle using a spring loaded device.
Being made by Lucas they also worked on bumpy roads when they were not
supposed to. I once bought a Ford fitted with one. After two weeks of a
mysterious misfire that coincided with  rough road surfaces the rotor arm
now resides, as far as I could throw it, out in the Irish Sea!

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O
Wales UK