Re: A type O/D -- But Why?

To: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Subject: Re: A type O/D -- But Why?
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:26:53 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> So then, I ask why nobody has tried one of the Toyota 5 speed conversions
> the guy from New Zealand is selling?  It seems to me to be the most
elegant
> way to add that extra gear, and only the most dedicated members of the
> Authenticity Police would even

Bob, you 1st, let me know how you like it, I can think of a lot of ways to
spend 3 grand and shifting for a 5 gear is not one of them, I like the
electric shift in the mountain/hilly roads, very quick and easy, and yes I
also had O/D problems, most were self inflicted from lack of knowledge on
adjusting these, then I discovered list members BTDT and what a help they
were, and yes the "A" type is 100 times better than anything the U.S. makers
ever sold.  "FT"