Re: High under-hood temperatures

To: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High under-hood temperatures
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:28:20 -0400
G:

Did you install the electric fan as a puller or pusher?

Puller is preferable, IMHO.  This allows for less obstruction to airflow for
the rad when the car's at speed.

I'm not surprised at your higher overall under bonnet temps.  My GT6 does
the same thing on the occasions where I've removed the stock blade.  That
blade does provide for a fair amount of air movement even at idle, something
you obviously don't get w/o the mechanical fan.

I can't comment on your fuel problems, but if you don't have a manifold
shield for the carbs, you might think about making one up.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"I think we all agree, the past is over."  - George W. Bush

No overheating when running along at speed or