Re: & Carpets

To: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>, " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: & Carpets
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 01 07:19:49 -0700
> When I got my 3A it still had original carpets in it.  The carpet over
> the tunnel was kept in place by four snaps as was the carpet on the rear
> shelf (post TS60000).  SO When I laid the new carpet in I put new snaps
> in where the old factory ones were.  The piece between the seats justs
> rests in place without being fixed down.

I have a seat out while I'm doing some harness repair.  I had forgotton
that the piece that fits over the rear part of the tunnel also has four
snaps.

So basically except for the glued in  kick panels all the carpet sections
on my post TS-60000 were snap in & snap out and there were no capet
pieces on the floor where it could just site there full of water and rust
out the floorboards.

A handy thing about the snap in style is that you can take them out
easily for cleaning or if they get wet.  It allows the carpet to dry
quicker without having a layer of water soaked carpet on the metal.

Right now I keep a layer of carpet on the driver's side floor covering
the rubber mat to keep from wearing the rubber mat.  When I go to a TR
event, I remove the carpet.  If the correct style rubber mats become
available agin I'll just stock up on rubber mats and leave the floors as
Triumph had intended them.

TeriAnn Wakeman               Marigold Ltd.
Santa Cruz, California        Web design, site updating, testing
webmaster@overlander.net      search engine optimization, graphics
                              and more

http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html